Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Nothing Doing for Fire Victims

Today I stopped by the business office of the Washington Apartments to ask if there was any fund or location where donations to help the victims of this week's fire could go. The answer I got was a "no". The woman I spoke to even seemed a bit surprised by my question.

I also asked what happened to the people who had had to leave because of the fire, and she just told me that they had been accommodated elsewhere. No further information.

So, I guess if the Red Cross isn't doing anything for these folks, as MVSNA has reported, then we seem to have reached a dead end, as far as neighborly support is concerned.

7 Comments:

At 4/18/2007 7:18 PM, Blogger Mari said...

Well that's annoying. The desire to help is here but has no where to go.

 
At 4/18/2007 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew the stuff about the red cross and our commissioner was untrue

 
At 4/18/2007 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/18/2007 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/19/2007 6:51 AM, Blogger DaddyFiveOh said...

I removed two anonymous comments--besides being anonymous, the first had nothing to do with the post and made no sense, the second seemed mean-spirited to me.

A reminder: I welcome comments, but please keep them civil in tone and identify yourself in some way, preferably with a first or last name and initial for the other name.

 
At 4/19/2007 8:44 AM, Blogger si said...

VERY annoying, we are on it. will post anything we find out.

 
At 4/20/2007 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently the Red Cross is not doing anything, despite what I was told by Commissioner Curtis (who I never did hear back from with the contact information after getting in touch with her). And I've also heard through others that Washington Apartments is not coordinating or providing information to help the residents either. I guess the East Central Civic Association is busy at work, since this falls within their boundaries, putting up signs and e-mailing others to coordinate donations, since these residents lived within their area? Some residents have contacted me to assist, but I don't know what to tell them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home