Thursday, August 17, 2006

ANC Commish has New Challenger

Kevin Chapple, a patent attorney and small business owner, has announced that he’s running for the ANC seat held by ANC2C Chairman Leroy Thorpe, Jr. Thorpe’s single-member district includes the area bounded roughly by N, New Jersey, Florida, and 7th (with some blocks missing—see map). Chapple has a spiffy new website and blog, but he does not yet seem to be well known in the community.

The announcement has created a bit of a buzz in the blogosphere. Thorpe has won various awards and citations for his street work with youth to reduce crime in the area and thoroughly dominates the ANC2C meetings, but he is considered by many to be a polarizing figure.

This may be a much more interesting race than we thought.

2 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to the ANC race. I been reading your bloggers for quite some time. All praises be to Allah (God) some of you people can't understand that I made it possible for you to live peacefully in Shaw over the years via my drug patrols. Some of you will never understand me until you take the time to know me. I am Muslim before I am anything. It's not intelligent to judge a person when you do not know him/her and I don't scream at ANC meetings. I have a right to my beliefs just as you have a right to yours. Rest assured you benefit by my anti-crime work. You rest at night while I fight crime and you wake up to slander me. I can't wait until the day of judgement when Allah awards me your deeds for slandering my name. I don;t need the ANC position I made my nmae with my Red Hats Patil group. Also the ANC budget can't afford an office.

 
At 8/27/2006 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the ANC budget cannot afford an office (and why should you need one? one might ask when modern technologgy allows for a virtual office) where does all the money come from for all of the iron framed tree boxes that bear your name, but are clearly unevenly distributed around the community, Mr Thorpe? Why are some residents more served with more of your generosity than others?

Al-hamdu lillahi rabbil 'alamin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home